Sunday, May 27, 2007

Strength of the "Pause"

A few days ago, I suddenly came across the power of the "Pause". Pausing for just a few seconds before I said something immediately made my response a whole lot stronger in content and delivery.
Usually, the blood rose straight to my head (either in agony or ecstasy) and I used to say something which was either hot-headed or flamboyant - both of which were not strong responses. In fact, the matter was usually made worse by a volley of loose words.
But recently, on a morning jog, my mind seemed to "pause" just a little bit. And a realization came about, that growing-up or maturing may not always be a bad thing! :) Maybe, strength and maturity come through that extra little pause. And the following words and actions will always be stronger and more effective.