Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Live in the "NOW"

Many years ago, I made a lot of assumptions about my life-of-the-future. Little did I know, that the future ain't what it used to be !!! And now, all those assumptions (and preconceived notions) are being tested to the hilt! And when I still try to plan the future - the thought strikes me - is it really worth planning for the unpredictable future ??

Planning for the future does 2 things - it does not allow me to enjoy the present moment. And it does not allow me to be tactical when the moments arise (since I had "planned" my future actions already before they happened). Furthermore, the future will always continue to challenge me on my principles and thoughts. And I need to deal with them as of that moment. Which is the same as "Now".

Hence, I think I'll live in the "Now". Take it as it comes. As one of my favorite professors once said about the future - "Who knows?!"