Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Letting my style evolve

With every change of mindset or manager, I wonder what changes in 'style' will result. Sometimes the message is "be aggressive, go and get 'em". And some other times, the message is "build/grow the business, invest in yourself, etc".

Just as too much of anything is not good, too much of information/advice is simply overwhelming me. And wherever I look, advice is freely available - from newspapers, to TV channels, to colleagues and friends, books, etc, etc. I am deluged with well-meaning people who dont have a clue what I'm really all about! :) Thanks for the concern folks!

Let me evolve my style. Most advice will be filtered...only that which resonates with the elusive 'inner self' will remain. Resonance is important - only then can actions and thoughts be consistent. Else, it'll be a force fit of style, which is short-term and dies a quick death.

Resonance. Evolution.