Sunday, April 22, 2007

Children's Stories...and The Circle Of Life

As an adult, I have lost the magical wonderland of children's stories. As I read a bedtime story to my 4-year old nephew.."The Lion King".. I found a strange awakening of past wonderings/dreams/imagination. And more surprisingly, I found in the story a line of thought that is going on in my "adult" mind today... the question on "Where am I in the Circle of Life?"

As the mighty king Mufasa tells the young cub Simba - "You have to take your rightful place in the Circle of Life", I ask myself, 'Where is my place in the Circle of Life?' - isnt that what I am seeking every day of my life?
And in the story I find that it takes time, to find one's place, after many wanderings, that one does find his/her place in the Circle of Life... but only if one keeps looking. And so I will.

And until I find my place, I will live in the day, in the present. Long live the Lion King!