Sunday, April 15, 2007

Marriages, Divorces

Seems to be the only thing going around these days... Marriages... Divorces...
I hear of a marriage and divorce almost with equal frequency... Someone getting married, Someone getting divorced, Someone getting re-married...
Which marriages are happy and which arent...Again, there seems to be a clean split of 50-50.

It's turning to be a tough scene for the old and new generations as a sudden conflict of thoughts arises on this crucial topic. It's almost like the younger generation was cultivating its own thoughts on marriage and suddenly I'm 28 years old and the older generation confronts me with their own thoughts.

Education was an easy decision. Jobs was an even easier decision. So was relocation, travel, change of jobs. I made all my decisions with complete freedom and no one complained.
Looks like marriage is a generation-wide, family-wide decision! I'm getting the shivers...

Marriage, Divorce, Re-marriage, Happy marriage, Unhappy marriage....Suddenly, its all real, all around.