Monday, December 25, 2006

College Reunion

My college reunion is almost over (or rather, it's already over and I'm still here!). Hardly been 6 months since I graduated, and already the place is almost alien. New faces everywhere, hardly recognisable. And those that are - from my batch - are not there - or just too fleeting. I guess, the pace of life has picked up tremendously, and lives are increasingly becoming more individualistic. It feels nostalgic to be back, but also lonely without the familiarity.

College reunions, in my opinion, should be planned events. Events that will enable alumni to contribute to the current batch or to the institution in some way. The various batches should be interacting with each other, rather than just within your same batch. Somehow, the nostalgia should be mixed with forward-looking, proactive and engaging events or activities.

Anyways, it's almost time to leave for home, from a second home which was very familiar just a few months ago. And life will accelerate once I'm out of here.