Sunday, June 10, 2007

Pre Mid-life crisis

Now, whats that? There's a quarter-life crisis, and a mid-life crisis - I've heard about those and gone through the first one. But, suddenly, there's another new crisis - the pre-mid-life crisis. Or I can call it the one-year-post-MBA-crisis. This one forces me to rethink on my decision to join a particular job after MBA, and also where I want to go from here.

Should I continue? Should I quit and join something else? If yes, then what should I do? Do I know what I want to do? What will be the "best" job for me? Is there such a thing at all?
And then, there's the personal side to it? Am I happy here? Should I continue in Bombay? Should I move? Where to move to? Where are my pals - all in the US. Where can I find new pals? Should I get married?

This is the decision-making phase on both job and personal fronts. And now, since I'm officially a grown-up, having completed my education, etc - the decisions are big and real. And only I can make those decisions. It's a crisis situation.