Monday, September 22, 2008

Nobody answering my phone

It's the last week of the third quarter in my sales job. Many promises were made by my prospective clients. I went ahead and gave a strong forecast.
And now, my prospects have stopped answering my phone...

I think a sales job is the only job where experience teaches lessons that can NEVER be learnt elsewhere. And a strong mind matters a lot. And a tough skin matters much more. This experience will teach me lots when I run my own business - good experiences and bad ones will all teach me how to predict revenue for my enterprise. So many variables. So much optimism. But, ultimately, results matter.

I am staring at the unanswered calls-list on my mobile. The future looks bleak. I feel lost. I need help, I need a shot in the arm. I need a faint ray of hope. I need an order.